Join Our Team
To discover the employment opportunities that The Leonardo Museum in Salt Lake City Utah currently has available, please check the descriptions below.
Full Time Positions:
Job Title: Senior Education Manager
Status: Full Time
Shift: Administrative hours: holidays and weekends as needed
Reports to: Director of Learning and Exhibits
Travel: < 10%, in-state
The Leonardo seeks a passionate, seasoned and outgoing science educator and manager with experience in both informal and formal learning environments to oversee all of the museum’s educational activities and programs. This position will provide critical strategic planning for special education programs and partnerships, ensuring they convey The Leonardo’s mission, serve community needs, and build audiences. They ensure education special initiatives are executed with compelling curriculum and provide meaningful connections to our mission goals.
The Senior Education Manager will contribute curriculum development, research and writing across a broad range of museum initiatives, including but not limited to, outreach, special education initiatives, exhibits, teacher development, and other special projects as determined by the Executive Director and Director of Learning and Exhibits. The Education manager will support interdepartmental initiatives through reporting on Education programs, budgets and schedules.
The Senior Education Manager will oversee educators and participate in the execution of programs and projects. This position must be able to fulfill all of the primary responsibilities of an Educator and models exceptional teaching, and in addition, acts as lead administrator of student programs and oversees education team training, scheduling and development.
- Train and support the Educator team on all relevant content and curriculum, create educator guides and trainings as needed. Inspire and motivate the team to create outstanding experiences for students, visitors, parents and teachers.
- Ensure the Education team is supported with professional development and frequent feedback, observe workshops and teaching, and survey students and teachers.
- Form and maintain relationships with teachers, principals and school districts to best understand the needs of the Utah education community.
- Meet organizational goals for number of students served on and off site.
- Act as field trip lead, teach field trip workshops, travel out of town for the Leo on Wheels program, and support community engagement programs and summer camps, as needed
- Represent the Leonardo Museum at iSEE and have a working knowledge of iSEE guidelines and funding
- Interface with all departments on administrative or operational issues as needed.
- Oversee the process of booking LOW, field trips and summer camps and support marketing efforts of education programs by maintaining relationships with schools, teachers and parents.
Educational Content Creation:
- Under the creative and strategic direction of the Director of Learning and Exhibits, the Senior Education Manager conducts best practices studies, comparative analysis reports and curriculum assessments to ensure all K-12 programming is engaging, relevant and valuable to students and teachers
- Contribute expertise and knowledge to the development of new student programs, visitor engagement activities, exhibits and other museum content
- Participate in standardizing museum-wide education approaches, best practices and processes, as needed.
- Identify opportunities for program growth and provide recommendations on staffing assignments to maximize team efforts
- Act as field trip lead, workshop lead, LOW teacher and other educator responsibilities as needed, modeling exceptional teaching and engagement practices.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Proven track record of successfully and creatively creating and delivering STEM lessons and demonstrations in a classroom or museum setting. Ability to transform a range of STEM concepts into engaging learning experiences for a wide range of ages and types of learners.
- Must be curious and passionate about learning. Excited about inspiring creativity and implementing inquiry-based learning in both formal and informal education.
- Demonstrated track record in creating innovative, compelling curriculum.
- Have a deep interest in science, art, and/or technology.
- Ability to communicate clearly, assertively and effectively at all levels and with all people and groups,
including faculty, students and staff (verbal and written).
- Assist with Utah Informal Science Education Enhancement iSEE grant management and reporting.
- The ability to work well with others both as a team member and as a team leader.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in a science or technology field.
- Experience in providing K-12 teaching and/or staff development trainings.
- Experience teaching in both formal and informal learning environments.
- Must be well versed in understanding Utah’s education system, teacher needs and core standards.
- Comfortable managing a team of up to twelve staff members.
- Experience creating educational programs within a defined budget.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Company’s Facebook page:
Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume to HR@theleonardo.org
Part Time Positions:
No positions available at this time.
On Call Positions:
No positions available at this time.