EXHIBIT DETAILS – NOW OPEN!
Visit The Leonardo to experience this one-of-a-kind immersive exhibit that brings art to life. With nearly 40 wall and floor projections this exhibit shows some of the great masterpieces in new, high-resolutions format throughout a 10,000 sq. ft gallery. Projections are paired with professionally curated art history education that will transport you into the time of 8 great art movements and introduce you to the works of 10 famous artists. You don’t want to miss the ultimate immersive experience in Utah.
LOCATION & HOURS
The Leonardo, 209 East 500 South, Salt Lake City, UT
Wednesday – Sunday | 12pm – 7pm | Final entry 1-hour before close
With the purchase of a ticket, guests will have full access to the Art Through Experience show along with all other exhibits in The Leonardo. Stop by the Salt Bistro, stroll through several other exhibits, and bring home a memory from The Leo Store. Visits can range from 1 – 2 hours.
$30.00* Adult (16+)
$17.00 Child (3+)
*For parties of 15+ people, please contact the admissions desk for group pricing. Discounts are available for military, students, and seniors with valid ID.
Square feet of 360° panoramic image projections displaying more than 10k works of art. With each exciting show, you’ll see and feel art like never before.
Join us for the first North American showing of each unique Art Through Experience title, right here, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Ticket sales support The Leonardo, a local non-profit organization, and help us to bring you even more professionally curated content.
GET YOUR TICKETS
Click on the show title and time you wish to purchase tickets for. You can adjust your view by clicking on “month,” “week,” or “list” then selecting on the time you wish to purchase tickets for. You can also search specific show titles by checking or unchecking the titles in the colored boxes below.
Even MORE at The Leonardo
Admission to Art Through Experience includes access to several other incredible exhibits, such as Flight, Lego Adventure, Black Wings, and more at The Leonardo
Do you love The Leo as much as we do? Check out our membership options which come with discounts across the board and the ability to support creativity, science, and technology learning in your community.
SERIES SHOW TITLES
Stay tuned and sign up here to receive a notification when a new show is announced.
From Monet to Kandinsky
From Monet to Kandinsky
An exciting show featuring the works of several remarkable masters of modernism that lived during the industrial revolution, including Claude Monet, Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cézanne, Edvard Munch, and Wassily Kandinsky.
This show features four of history’s greatest artists from the Italian Renaissance. They are known for creating some of the world’s eternal masterpieces, and include our namesake, Leonardo Da Vinci, along with Michelangelo, Raphael, Botticelli, and more.
Please note, some shows may include art that contains nudity.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- To experience the full From Monet to Kandinsky showing, guests should plan on spending approximately 40 minutes in the exhibit.
- To experience the full Italian Renaissance showing, guests should plan on spending approximately 30 minutes in the exhibit.
- To enjoy other museum exhibits and programs, guests should plan to spend approximately 30 minutes to 1.5 hours.
We strongly encourage guests to arrive within a 30 minute window of their reservation time. If you are unable to arrive on time, our staff will work with you to determine if our current capacity levels can accommodate a late admission. We cannot guarantee admission if you do not arrive within the 1-hour window of your scheduled arrival time.
Seating is available, however it may be limited. Not every guest is guaranteed a space to be seated. Please let a staff member know if you need assistance finding seating.
The Leonardo is operating at a reduced capacity to ensure an appropriate level of social distancing can be maintained. We ask that guests make their best effort to arrive within the 1-hour window that they purchased tickets for. However, guests do not need to enter the Art Through Experience exhibit exactly at the time their ticket was purchased for in order to enjoy the show. Exhibit entry can happen at any point after arrival.
Refunds and Rescheduling
- Online ticket sale refunds can only be offered if the guest cannot attend the event, and requests the refund no later than 72 hours before the time of the event. Tickets can also be rescheduled if the request is made no later than 72 hours prior to the event date. However, ticket availability for alternate dates is not guaranteed and is subject to a first come, first serve basis. All refund and rescheduling requests must be submitted in writing no later than 72 hours prior to the event date/time. Submit a request to The Leonardo here.
- Tickets will not be replaced or refunded if stolen, or unused. Lost tickets can be reprinted once if unused and with an order number, confirmation email or photo ID of the original purchaser.
- In the event of a showing cancelation all ticket purchases will be refunded.
- All Art through Experience merchandise sales are final. Other non-exhibit merchandise items purchased from the Leo Store, can be returned with a valid sales receipt within 30 day of purchase for refund, exchange, or store credit. Discontinued items cannot be returned for a refund but may receive in-store credit.
All members of The Leonardo staff are fully masked. For guests, masks are highly recommended for everybody, regardless of vaccination status. The Leonardo strongly recommends all guests wear masks to ensure the safety of all.
- We ask that any patrons experiencing COVID symptoms stay home and reschedule their visit for another time
- The Leonardo has reduced its capacity to accommodate increased space for social distancing.
- Timed ticket sales to help reduce congestion and capacity.
- Separated entry and exit points to distribute the flow of traffic.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces.
- Guests will be asked to use sanitizer upon entry. Additionally multiple hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the museum.
The Art Through Experience exhibition is a series of shows, and although Vincent van Gogh is one of the artists featured in this series, the full roster of shows includes titles featuring a variety of artists and art movements, ranging from Vincent van Gogh to our namesake Leonardo da Vinci.
When you purchase a ticket at The Leonardo you are also reinvesting in your community. Unlike similar immersive experiences, The Leonardo is a local non-profit that professionally curates content in order to provide high-quality education that fuses science, technology and art in experiences that inspire creativity and innovation in people of all ages and backgrounds.
Though not all the shows have been announced, we highly recommend seeing each and every one of them. The first two shows, From Monet to Kandinsky and Italian Renaissance, showcase a large variety of artists and art movements, each of which are explored and visualized in a new way. To receive a notification when a new show is announced, sign up here.