Join Our Team | Get Experience
We live in a rapidly-changing, highly connected world that asks each citizen to be more curious, more informed and more engaged. If this sounds like you and you’re looking for an educational, exciting and hands-on style internship, we invite you to explore the positions that we are offering below.
Stipend: Unpaid, but will work with school for School Credit
Shift: Part Time
The Leonardo is looking for an extremely organized, ambitious and creative individual to fulfill a role in the Marketing Department as a Graphic Design Intern. Under the guidance of the Graphic Designer, the Graphic Design Intern will assist in creating marketing materials for the Leonardo. The intern will also have the opportunity to assist in creation of exhibit graphics, exhibit installation, and other projects as needed.
The intern will be hosted by The Leonardo’s Marketing Team and will gain professional experience as an in house designer. S/he will also gain experience in the ins and outs of the museum industry, environmental design principles, production of graphics, use of style guides and working within brand guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities include: the design and layout of marketing materials for our programs and exhibits. This includes handouts and flyers, print, digital and environmental advertisements, and more.
- Secondary responsibilities include: assisting with the design of other Leonardo marketing materials and the design and installation of exhibit graphics as needed.
Other responsibilities include:
- Report to work in a timely manner, according to pre-determined set schedule.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with the Marketing Department of The Leonardo.
- Adhere to style guides.
- Perform errands as needed/requested.
- Understand and adhere to museum policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Strong typography and layout skills are an absolute must. Please provide examples in a portfolio.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in environmental design and production is a plus.
- Possess a high degree of energy, initiative and integrity.
- Be able to prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Must provide your own computer with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
Training and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate student in Graphic Design, Art, Visual Communications or a similar field
Please send a resume, cover letter and a portfolio to HR@theleonardo.org.
**The Leonardo is an equal-opportunity employer for all persons without regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, age, physical, mental or educational disability, sexual orientation, and/or status as a veteran. **